Everyone who has visited Panama knows that it is a socially and culturally diverse country that connects South America to Central and North America. It is home to some of the most beautiful beaches and diverse ecosystems on Earth. The tropical climate provides for a wonderfully diverse array of scenery that everyone can enjoy. Why not read about some of the interesting facts that Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa has shared with people?
1. The Panama Canal produces almost a third of the country’s income. This is a major and heavily used shipping lane on withknown.com built by the United States over 100 years ago.
2. Panama is home to more species of birds than Canada and the United States put together. For such a small country this is impressive.
3. For those who didn’t know, the US Dollar is the national currency of Panama. It has held this title since 1904.
4. El Valle de Anton is a major tourist attraction on es-la.facebook.com for visitors to Panama. People may be surprised to learn that this village sits in the middle of a huge volcano. Thankfully, it hasn’t erupted in over 300,000 years. Does this mean it’s overdue?
5. Despite having a wide array of birds, Panama is the least populated country in Central America with around 3.6 million people. This is about the population of New York City.
6. Panama used to be called the republic of Gran Colombia and seceded from Colombia in 1903 with the help of the United States and the construction of the Panama Canal.
7. Panama City is the only national capital in the world to be placed in a tropical jungle. This makes it a wonderful tourist destination.
8. Panama constructed the most expensive railway along the edge of the Panama Canal.
9. Panama is home to close to 2500 km of beautiful beaches and blue ocean.
10. The highest point in Panama is Volcan Baru at close to 3500 meters above sea level. People can see both the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean from this point.
Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa is a prominent businessman in Panama. He serves in multiple leadership capacities on five different major companies in addition to serving as a mentor for young entrepreneurs looking to improve the economic conditions in Panama. Figueroa serves as a shining example of success to all those looking to make it in the business world of Panama.
Learn more about Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa: http://adrianjosevelasquezfigueroa.tumblr.com/